Tuesday, November 17, 2009

JJ on SNL

Pretty much everyone has been trashing January Jones' stint hosting SNL. Through the Hulu magic I finally caught the episode. It is pretty bad but I didn't think quite the disaster people made it out to be. Or maybe it is, but I am not sure it is her fault really. Thinking back there have been plenty of hosts that stumbled through the episode or were semi-invisible. I think flops like that happen once or twice a season. But the show as a whole was terrible.

The insufferable Black Eyed Peas were bad enough to ruin it on their own. I am not sure if there is a more annoying band with that level of platform. There probably is but they are eye-gouging level bad.

And why was everything about taking dumps? The Rear Window sketch was stupid and dumb. And the digital short which is usually one of the worst parts of the show was all about Andy Samberg power blasting every time his roommate went somewhere. The dinner party psa thing also talked about pooping. I am just guessing, but probably wasn't January Jones' fault as much as the writers.

No comments:

Post a Comment